Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tablet drawing program compatibility

Hello!

The closest Apple store is 3.5 hours away from me so I was wondering if anyone could please tell me if the apple tablets, that are made for drawing, support clip studio paint?

Drawing on my current surface pro is tiresome.. no matter how much I adjust the pen pressure sensitivity I find myself having to edit every single line with an eraser because I just cant get a nice line so it takes me way longer than necessary

I really need to make sure that if I get a new tablet that it will work really well with this program because its my favourite. Please let me know which tablet would be best. thanks

Posted on May 31, 2020 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 1:39 AM

Here is my comprehensive, but incomplete list of some of the best Apple Pencil compatible drawing apps.

Adobe Sketch

Affinity Photo

Affinity Designer

ArtStudio Pro

ArtRage

Art Set 4 or 5

AutoDesk SketchBook Pro

Brushes/Brushes Redux

Clip Studio Paint

ColorBox Pro/Extended/Sketches ( great generic drawing app needing no stylus compatibilty. This is an app I just really like for its UI design and layout. Check it out, if just curious )

Colored Pencil

Water Color Pencil

ibisPaint/ibisPaint X

Interactive Sketchbook ( a pure pencil-like/charcoal-like, clean minimal UI strictly sketching style app )

Infinite Painter

Inspire Pro

iPocket Draw

Linea

Lori Pro

Medibang Paint

Moleskine Flow

Moleskine Journal

My Brushes Pro

Procreate

Pixelmator

Painstorm Studio

Tayasui Sketches/Sketches Pro/Sketches School ( free app version with fewer sketching/drawing/painting tools )

( Tayasui Sketches is another BIG general sketching/drawing/painting app that I like for simplicity, but complex drawing tools set. Worth a look, check it out! )

Tayasui Memopad

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 1:39 AM in response to Jesoose

Here is my comprehensive, but incomplete list of some of the best Apple Pencil compatible drawing apps.

Adobe Sketch

Affinity Photo

Affinity Designer

ArtStudio Pro

ArtRage

Art Set 4 or 5

AutoDesk SketchBook Pro

Brushes/Brushes Redux

Clip Studio Paint

ColorBox Pro/Extended/Sketches ( great generic drawing app needing no stylus compatibilty. This is an app I just really like for its UI design and layout. Check it out, if just curious )

Colored Pencil

Water Color Pencil

ibisPaint/ibisPaint X

Interactive Sketchbook ( a pure pencil-like/charcoal-like, clean minimal UI strictly sketching style app )

Infinite Painter

Inspire Pro

iPocket Draw

Linea

Lori Pro

Medibang Paint

Moleskine Flow

Moleskine Journal

My Brushes Pro

Procreate

Pixelmator

Painstorm Studio

Tayasui Sketches/Sketches Pro/Sketches School ( free app version with fewer sketching/drawing/painting tools )

( Tayasui Sketches is another BIG general sketching/drawing/painting app that I like for simplicity, but complex drawing tools set. Worth a look, check it out! )

Tayasui Memopad

Jun 1, 2020 1:13 AM in response to Jesoose

Here is the link to the iOS App here.

Clip Studio Paint.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/clip-studio-paint-for-ipad/id1262985592

Clip Studio Paint Website here

https://www.clipstudio.net/en

Clip Studio Paint 3-month trial versions here.

https://www.clipstudio.net/en/dl

Generally speaking, just because you already purchased the app on one computing platform doesn't mean you get free access to the same app on another computing platform.

iOS is a completely different tablet platform from Windows on a Surface Tablet or more robust Windows PC.

If you owned a Mac, you still would have had to pay/purchase the Mac version of the app UNLESS running Windows on a Mac.

Best of Luck to You!

Jun 1, 2020 12:34 AM in response to Jesoose

Clip Studio Paint has a version for iPad/iOS/iPadOS and Apple Pencil, but it maybe a slimmed down version of the full computer version of this app.

To save and export canvases to different formats and locations requires and somewhat expensive monthly subscription fee.

The PRO plan monthly is $5 U S.D. /mo. The EX Plan is $9 U.S.D./mo..

Yearly paid plans for PRO is $54 U.S.D. and EX $118 U.S.D.

Currently, Clip Studio Paint is running a 50% OFF sale and their yearly subscription plans.

Still too rich for my budget when there are sooooo many great sketching/drawing and painting apps for iPad and Apple Pencil ( and some other third party stylii ) that you ONLY pay a flat, one-time app cost/fee or much cheaper monthly/yearly subscription fee.

Jun 1, 2020 12:59 AM in response to MichelPM

Thanks guys! I will also ask Studio clip paint if they know too. It seems odd that they would have these subscription fees just for apple users.. I cannot afford ongoing fees like this so I hope the fact that I have already purchased the full program means I wont have to pay anymore..

I might try to look into what apps apple offers for drawing via youtube but I really am happy with clip studio paint the most

Jun 1, 2020 1:57 AM in response to MichelPM

Holy moly you are extremely helpful :D so much information, thank you so very much!

And you are right about not being able to have it reinstalled on a new tablet with my purchased access code.. i would have to pay for the subscription.

I thought I knew most of the drawing programs out there but wow haha seriously thanks for taking the time to tell me all about the other ones! there might be hope for me yet then with easier drawing. I'll have to look into all of them but I think you have solved my problem! :D

Apple tablet drawing program compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.