Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

Hey, I recently bought an iPhone online and when I received it it was activation locked. I was just wondering what I can do about this? Is their any way I can find the owners and contact them? Or anything apple can do to help me out. It shows me part of the Apple ID but most of it is dotted out. It would be good if it showed the whole thing so I could contact them and let them know what’s happening. Thanks

iPhone X

Posted on May 31, 2020 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 6:16 AM

Whether or not the owner chooses to display contact information is up to them (they can use a Lost Mode screen message if they choose to do so).

Apple does not get involved with private party sales or gifts/exchanges of used personal property. So no, Apple will not help you with this issue.

Unless the seller is the owner and can help you, there is nothing you can do. If possible, get your money back.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 6:16 AM in response to ReallyZero

Whether or not the owner chooses to display contact information is up to them (they can use a Lost Mode screen message if they choose to do so).

Apple does not get involved with private party sales or gifts/exchanges of used personal property. So no, Apple will not help you with this issue.

Unless the seller is the owner and can help you, there is nothing you can do. If possible, get your money back.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.