Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My primary ID is Mac.com. How can I CHANGE my primary ID To iCloud.com

I cannot sync my photos on my IPad or IPhone to my main Mac computer because my primary AppleID is Mac.com And the iPhone and IPad have been set up with iCloud.com.

THIS IS CREATING A BIG PROBLEM.

Is it possible to change my prima ry Apple ID from Mac.com to iCloud.com

if now, how can I transfer my photos from IPad to my Mac desktop.

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 10:34 AM

You don’t even need to do that. Your @mac.com email address is nothing more than an alias to your @icloud.com account. So unless you have two iCloud accounts, that Mac.com AppleID is also the iCloud.com AppleID. Every @me.com and @mac.com is tied to an iCloud account and any of those email addresses can be used to login to that iCloud account and used as an AppleID - because they all are valid logins to the exact same AppleID account.

If you did make a second iCloud account on the iPhone and iPad, then there is no way to make them the same since you’ve got two separate AppleIDs. You could use the iPhone iCloud account in the Mac or vice versa, but the data will not migrate or merge between the two AppleIDs.

The fact you cannot sync photos makes me believe this is in fact your issue. You have one AppleID in use in the Mac - you’re using your @mac.com AppleID but that is also tied to an iCloud account. You created another iCloud account and AppleID on the iPhone and iPad, so of course the Mac cannot share data with them since it’s using a separate AppleID.

iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 10:34 AM in response to Stonecutters

You don’t even need to do that. Your @mac.com email address is nothing more than an alias to your @icloud.com account. So unless you have two iCloud accounts, that Mac.com AppleID is also the iCloud.com AppleID. Every @me.com and @mac.com is tied to an iCloud account and any of those email addresses can be used to login to that iCloud account and used as an AppleID - because they all are valid logins to the exact same AppleID account.

If you did make a second iCloud account on the iPhone and iPad, then there is no way to make them the same since you’ve got two separate AppleIDs. You could use the iPhone iCloud account in the Mac or vice versa, but the data will not migrate or merge between the two AppleIDs.

The fact you cannot sync photos makes me believe this is in fact your issue. You have one AppleID in use in the Mac - you’re using your @mac.com AppleID but that is also tied to an iCloud account. You created another iCloud account and AppleID on the iPhone and iPad, so of course the Mac cannot share data with them since it’s using a separate AppleID.

iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

Jun 1, 2020 10:05 AM in response to Stonecutters

Yes you can do that.

Below is some basic information on changing your Apple ID. But read the whole document linked below. And you will need to go to your Apple ID account (appleid.apple.com) for additional information. 

See Change your Apple ID https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

See this basic information:

1.   Sign out of iCloud on all of your devices, including your iPhone, Mac, Apple TV, and PC. If you use the Apple Music app on an Android device or use the Apple TV app a smart TV, sign out of those apps.

2.   Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.

3.   In the Account section, choose Edit.

4.   Choose Change Apple ID.

You can sign out of iCloud on one of your devices, or you can sign out on all your devices to stop using iCloud (for sign out purposes, see 1 above). Before you sign out of iCloud, make sure that you archive or make copies of the information that you store in iCloud. When you sign out of iCloud, you can't access or use the following services on your devices or your Mac.

And see What to do after you change your Apple ID or password https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204071

My primary ID is Mac.com. How can I CHANGE my primary ID To iCloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.