Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Manually Manage Music in the latest software

I’ve been reading numerous posts on this but they are all outdated. I have a MacBook Pro on the latest IOS and I cannot figure out how to manually manage my music. I’m trying to add one song on my phone from my Mac but it keeps telling me it’s going to delete everything I have already in order to sync. I’m beyond sick of this crap can somebody please help me?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 10:30 AM

2 replies

Jun 2, 2020 7:51 PM in response to Colin_deLeon

Hello, Colin_deLeon.

I understand that you are encountering a hiccup when attempting to sync a single song to your iPhone. I’m happy to lend some insight.

From your description of the issue, it sounds like your iPhone may have been synced to another computer at some point. If this is the case, what you are seeing is expected behavior. Your iPhone can’t be synced to another computer, whether it be Mac or PC. You can find the steps for syncing here:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

You also have the option of becoming an Apple Music subscriber and utilizing the iCloud Sync Library. This would sync your music across any device signed in with the same Apple ID. I will link some more information below.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

I hope this helps.

Be well.

Jun 3, 2020 3:19 AM in response to Colin_deLeon

You'll get this erase and sync warning whenever you connect the device to what is perceived to be a new library. If all the media is in the library it can be a little time consuming but you won't lose any data. If there is media on the device that isn't in the library see Recover your iTunes (Music) library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

How do I Manually Manage Music in the latest software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.