Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 16" Won't turn on

I have a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" 16GB Ram with 8GB dedicated graphics. A few days ago my MBP would not turn on. I have tried doing a power cycle (holding power for 10s releasing and pressing again), resetting SMC, and NVRAM but no luck. What's unusual is that the Mac does not appear to be completely powered off as I can still click the trackpad and I hear a chime when I plug it in. I did bootcamp the computer with windows 10. I have found several other posts on reddit, with some referencing the issue coming up after the most recent 10.15.5 here. There are a few other threads such as this one

https://www.reddit.com/r/macbook/comments/e6m7ij/2019_16_macbook_pro_wont_start_up/.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 11:35 AM

Your computer is under warranty. You have 90 days of free telephone support. I suggest you use it.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  3. To contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service after the stores re-open. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorized service at a local Best Buy.

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 11:35 AM in response to Andrew. k

Your computer is under warranty. You have 90 days of free telephone support. I suggest you use it.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  3. To contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service after the stores re-open. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorized service at a local Best Buy.

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

MacBook Pro 16" Won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.