Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find 4 digit code MACBOOK PRO

Hey I just got an old 13" MacBook Pro (Late 2011) from eBay. The old owner sold is without the hard disk so I bought an SSD to put in. It booted up, had no firmware password nor any other problem when I first booted it. It recognised the new hard drive effortlessly but when I used the internet recovery option (I accessed to it using the option key when booting up) and reinstalled Lion, it asked me for my Apple ID. When I inserted it, it told me that activating Find my Mac on my account would deactivate it on the other guy's account. It then logged me out, shut down the computer and showed me this.

Apple support told me I have to ask the previous owner for the code, but he doesn't know it.

What does he have to do to find it? Thank you all so much.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 11:33 AM

System lock PIN code

Your Mac asks for a PIN code when it has been remotely locked using Find My. Enter the four-digit or six-digit passcode to continue.

If the previous owner cannot unlock the computer, then return it and get your money refunded. There are certain things one must do before selling or giving away a used computer. They are explained in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac. Always check the status of a used computer to be sure you know what has been done by the previous owner.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 11:33 AM in response to emanuelepolonia

System lock PIN code

Your Mac asks for a PIN code when it has been remotely locked using Find My. Enter the four-digit or six-digit passcode to continue.

If the previous owner cannot unlock the computer, then return it and get your money refunded. There are certain things one must do before selling or giving away a used computer. They are explained in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac. Always check the status of a used computer to be sure you know what has been done by the previous owner.

How to find 4 digit code MACBOOK PRO

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.