Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibooks pdf files - HOW do i download to my Windows PC

For some reason, my pdf files stay on the cloud and i cannot get them OFF icloud and to download them to my windows 10 computer. I have itunes on windows.

I just got a new ipad pro 11” 2020 with 512 gigabyte of memory so there is no reason for me to store my pdf files on the cloud.

i am not very Apple savvy so any help or advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanking you in advance.

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 3:27 AM

If your PDF files are stored in iCloud, the simplest method is to directly assess them from there from your PC. iTunes isn’t the best PC Application for this task.

You have two methods to directly access documents in iCloud from your PC:

1) On your PC, download and install iCloud for Windows from the Apple website. Once installed, you can directly access files in iCloud - and copy/paste or drag/drop using Windows Explorer.

2) Use your favourite browser and log-in to iCloud:

https://icloud.apple.com

I hope that you find this information and insight to be helpful in resolving the problem.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 3:27 AM in response to TangoParrot

If your PDF files are stored in iCloud, the simplest method is to directly assess them from there from your PC. iTunes isn’t the best PC Application for this task.

You have two methods to directly access documents in iCloud from your PC:

1) On your PC, download and install iCloud for Windows from the Apple website. Once installed, you can directly access files in iCloud - and copy/paste or drag/drop using Windows Explorer.

2) Use your favourite browser and log-in to iCloud:

https://icloud.apple.com

I hope that you find this information and insight to be helpful in resolving the problem.

ibooks pdf files - HOW do i download to my Windows PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.