Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two apple ID’s and would like to consolidate. Anyone now how?

I have been trying to switch my Apple ID from an old email to my current email address however, apparently, I somehow in years past created an Apple ID with that email address as well. All of my devices, purchases, etc. are on the ID with the old email address, anyone know how to consolidate the two accounts? I changed the email address on the second ID to a dummy account, thinking once the email address is not in use I could add it to my other Apple ID, but it is telling me it is in use. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 4:22 PM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2020 5:30 PM in response to audrie275

Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

I have two apple ID’s and would like to consolidate. Anyone now how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.