Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low battery warning not working on Macbook Air Mojave 10.13.

Low battery warning not working on Macbook Air Mojave 10.13. "Show battery status" is selected in the energy saver option and % appears in the menu bar, but I do not get an alert when the battery is low. Why not and how can I get an alert?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 10:00 PM

GrandmasterFuzz Said:

"Low battery warning not working on Macbook Air Mojave 10.13. 'Show battery status' is selected in the energy saver option and % appears in the menu bar, but I do not get an alert when the battery is low. Why not and how can I get an alert?"

-------

Go Here: The Low Battery Warning Doesn't Display - Apple Support

To Fix This:

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system(i.e. installations) and then settings (i.e. for the Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 10:00 PM in response to GrandmasterFuzz

GrandmasterFuzz Said:

"Low battery warning not working on Macbook Air Mojave 10.13. 'Show battery status' is selected in the energy saver option and % appears in the menu bar, but I do not get an alert when the battery is low. Why not and how can I get an alert?"

-------

Go Here: The Low Battery Warning Doesn't Display - Apple Support

To Fix This:

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system(i.e. installations) and then settings (i.e. for the Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

Jun 1, 2020 8:04 PM in response to GrandmasterFuzz

I thought I could do it on my MacBook Pro with Catalina, but no, not with the Energy Saver prefs as far as I can tell.

What I did was download "Battery Medic" - free, from the App Store. I have it set as one of the Login items appearing in the menubar.

With it, I can set low battery alerts at any level of my choosing.

Similarly, I can have it notify me when it has charged up to some level of my choosing.

It also gives a few other items like number of Battery Cycles, battery temperature, battery percentage level remaining and/or estimated time remaining.

"Compatibility ––– OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor"

Low battery warning not working on Macbook Air Mojave 10.13.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.