Why can't I see the battery condition when I open Apple - System preferences - battery on my macbook air?

Why can't I see the battery condition when I open Apple - System preferences - battery on my macbook air?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 15, 2023 11:39 PM

7 replies

May 16, 2023 10:34 PM in response to HarryH1

HarryH1 Said:

"Why can't I see the battery condition when I open Apple - System preferences - battery on my macbook air?: Done that. Still no encircled -i."

-------

Use the Search Box:

Thank you for the screenshot.

You are using Monterey --I am using Ventura.

So, type: Battery Health in the Search box. What do you see?

If it pops up, look above that, an it would show you where it is located.

In Ventura, Battery Health is shown below Battery, meaning that is where Battery Health is found.

Ventura Screenshot:

May 16, 2023 12:03 AM in response to HarryH1

HarryH1 Said:

"Why can't I see the battery condition when I open Apple - System preferences - battery on my macbook air?"

-------

Viewing the Battery Condition:

"Battery Condition" is not a direct-feature of Battery in System Settings. You need to click on the encircled-i on the top right of of the window, to view the Battery Condition.

SCREENSHOT:

May 16, 2023 1:41 PM in response to HarryH1

HarryH1 Said:

"Why can't I see the battery condition when I open Apple - System preferences - battery on my macbook air?: Not sure why but my battery screen in system preferences doesn't have an encircled-i that you mention.

———-

Viewing the Battery Condition:

Click “Battery” on the left pane of the window. You currently have Usage History selected.

Screenshot:

May 16, 2023 10:56 PM in response to TheLittles

No luck. Followed your instructions with search box but no result. I'm sure I used to be able to see this information. Maybe it dropped off last time I did an update? Anyway, not to worry, not crucial. I replaced my battery about 6 months ago and wanted to check battery health as it seems to lose charge very quickly. I may pop it in to my local Apple store and ask them as they replaced the battery for me. So anyway thanks for your help.

Harry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.