Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music browse not working

Running macOS Catalina v10.15.4, and Apple Music v1.0.4.104.

When clicking on "For You", "Browse", "Radio", nothing happens and it throws me back to my library. Apple Music works fine on my iPhone, can search, add to library etc; but not able to do so on my Mac.

Any ideas what could be causing that?

Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 11:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 12:54 AM

Reseting cache didn't fix my problem entirely, but indicated what was wrong.

After performing cache reset, "For You", "Browse" and "Radio" completely disappeared. Which made me poke preferences a bit more and I spotted that "Itunes Store" was disabled.

Enabling "Itunes Store", also allowed me to enable "Apple Music" and everything started working.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 12:54 AM in response to turingtest2

Reseting cache didn't fix my problem entirely, but indicated what was wrong.

After performing cache reset, "For You", "Browse" and "Radio" completely disappeared. Which made me poke preferences a bit more and I spotted that "Itunes Store" was disabled.

Enabling "Itunes Store", also allowed me to enable "Apple Music" and everything started working.

Jun 2, 2020 10:25 AM in response to eviltedio

Try Music > Preferences > Advanced > Reset Cache, however you should find that those features aren't working today. Rather than pushing you back to your library you should see a notification about Blackout Tuesday. See https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/record-labels/9394552/show-must-be-paused-george-floyd-death-atlantic-execs for more.

tt2

Jun 5, 2020 3:02 PM in response to eviltedio

I've tried reseting the catch and i checked my restrictions nothing was disabled. I was listening to blackouttuesday on tuesdays but now thats gone to its just blank. when i click an artist and chose show in apple music it works but then inside the album there in no tracks. can only shuffles but cant see the names of the indiviual tracks

Apple music browse not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.