Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina update blurred photos

Since upgrading to Catalina 10.15.5 my photos screensaver appear all blurred - how can I fix this.

I went onto System Preferences - Displays - and tried to check Scaled - but it doesn't stay on - how can I have this setting maintianed? Any suggestions?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 1:10 AM

5 replies

Jun 3, 2020 2:06 PM in response to Booberoi

Hello Booberoi

From what I'm understanding is that after updating to Catalina 10.15.5, your photos when the screen saver comes on are blurry, correct?

To confirm, have you been able to set up another screen saver to verify if it's the screen saver mode or syncing from the photo library. Here is an article on setting up different screen savers: Use a screen saver on your Mac

Next we can creating a new user account to isolate if it is within the user account settings: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Hopefully this helps!

Cheers!

Jun 3, 2020 3:23 PM in response to Booberoi

Hello Booberoi

Before going into more software troubleshooting, a back up of the data on the device would be encourage to Time Machine: Back up your Mac with Time Machine

You are able to Reset Permissions on the Mac: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder

If software troubleshooting have been complete and the issue continues. I would encourage you to reach out to Apple Support directly. They will be able to provide you with additional diagnostics and review different options with you: Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Catalina update blurred photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.