Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen saver out of focus after “upgrade” to Catalina 10.15.5

How do I get the screen saver photos back to being clear and in focus all the time? When the screen saver starts they are in focus but after a while they lose focus. Never used to happen and the photos are on the hard drive not the cloud.

Thanks

Colin

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 6:54 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Mayorofvail,

I see that you're having an issue with your screen saver photos being blurry. I can understand wanting to have this issue resolved, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's have you check a couple of things. First, are the photos pulling or being used from your own photos in the Photos app? If so, let's have you try to use a default collection that is already on your Mac, like Landscape or Flowers and test to see if the issue remains.

If the issue remains, try resetting the SMC (system management controller) on your Mac and then testing again. If needed, the steps are listed in the article below.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

If the issue remains after trying these steps, reach back out.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 6:54 AM in response to Mayorofvail

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Mayorofvail,

I see that you're having an issue with your screen saver photos being blurry. I can understand wanting to have this issue resolved, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's have you check a couple of things. First, are the photos pulling or being used from your own photos in the Photos app? If so, let's have you try to use a default collection that is already on your Mac, like Landscape or Flowers and test to see if the issue remains.

If the issue remains, try resetting the SMC (system management controller) on your Mac and then testing again. If needed, the steps are listed in the article below.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

If the issue remains after trying these steps, reach back out.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Jul 26, 2020 4:27 AM in response to Mayorofvail

Sadly I was too fast off the draw saying that the problem is solved.

I have now created a album in Photos and am using that as the source.

I have reset the SMC twice.

The photos start off fine - so Keith I think this shows I have the right display - but after 7 minutes they start going out of focus. Could I have some hidden power setting on that causes it or are there any other solutions?

Thanks

Colin

Screen saver out of focus after “upgrade” to Catalina 10.15.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.