Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshots have disappeared

Does anyone know why my Screenshots do not automatically appear on my desktop anymore? At first, I would take one, it would be displayed for a short instance then I'd select 'done' and it would save to the desktop. Now, I hear the camera sound but there's no visual after that, I can't even locate the screenshots anywhere. Someone suggested to check Dropbox, but I don't have that...FYI, recently updated to Catalina 10.15.7, could that be the reason?

Appreciate your answers :)

Jchito81

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 9:46 AM

Open your Screenshot app from Applications/ Utilities at the bottom of your screen you will see the Screenshot app Toolbar

click on Options and a submenu will appear at the top of that is a section called Save To, the location where your screenshots are being save to will have a tick next to it.

2 replies

Screenshots have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.