Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I erased my HD and now I get a question mark and my Mac doesn’t work

Hello everyone,

I wanted To format my Mac and I followed instructions on erasing it. I entered on macOS recovery by pressing command +R and then I clicked ‘disk utility’ and erased the internal > Macintosh HD. Then I restarted my Mac and a folder with a question mark appeared. I entered o. Recovery mode again and tried to reinstall the MacOS but it says I can’t reinstall because the disk is locked. I don’t know what to do 😞. Can someone help me please?

I tried to partition it but it showed me an error. Please not that the name ‘not me’ was the new name I added when I erased the HD and ‘not me 2’ was the name of the petition I was trying to create. The other image is how my internal disks looks like. 

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 3:03 AM

You've split your fusion drive. Repair the fusion drive How to fix a split Fusion Drive - Apple Support and then reinstall Mac OS How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

I erased my HD and now I get a question mark and my Mac doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.