Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pad & Square app

I am not tech savvy . I use an I pad on a register stand for the SQUARE APP . Someone else originally set up this square app and I pad for me and used thier sign in I. D . However they are now unreachable and I dont have that info .

I simply tried to update the square app on that I Pad but I needed to sign into Apple on that i pad and it kept telling me my user I D or password were incorrect but I am certain that i was correct . sometimes the former persons user ID populated the square and it wanted his I D to sign in which I do not have as mentioned . (I own all the devices here )

So i would try my Apple sign in info again but now Im locked out and cant get it to let me in no matter what i do . I even changed my password.

Am i not able to sign into that device to update SQUARE because it was originally linked to him ? Keep in mind i was able to sign into apple with my info on this device that bIm using now so I have the correct info to sign in. I am also able to sign into my SQUARE account to operate the register with MY info as always - but on that I Pad I cannot sign into Apple to update the SQUARE APP . Im extremely frustrated . Please help

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 7:25 AM

Apps are PERMANENTLY tied to the Apple ID that was used to download/install them.

Generally, in such a situation, one can delete the app using the old Apple ID, then redownload/reinstall the same app, using the NEW Apple ID. But since that app contains data and configurations (and I do not want that you lose any data or settings), I suggest that you ask Square's support team if they can help you about that matter. Perhaps they have a particular method to do that.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 7:25 AM in response to mhelbling57

Apps are PERMANENTLY tied to the Apple ID that was used to download/install them.

Generally, in such a situation, one can delete the app using the old Apple ID, then redownload/reinstall the same app, using the NEW Apple ID. But since that app contains data and configurations (and I do not want that you lose any data or settings), I suggest that you ask Square's support team if they can help you about that matter. Perhaps they have a particular method to do that.

Regards

Giulio

I pad & Square app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.