Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro w/ touch bar 2019 won't turn on

Yesterday, I installed the most recent update for mac OS yesterday (10.15.5) and then did a backup. Things seemed to be working fine but I didn't really do much on the mac after. I closed the lid for the night and this morning it won't turn on. I've had it on power all night. I've tried multiple power outlets and all 4 usb-c ports for charging. I've done the SMC reset procedure found here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

I've also tried the holding the power button for a long period of time (up to a minute one time) and nothing will work. Any ideas of what I can try? My local Apple Store is currently closed still due to Covid so I'm kind of on my own here

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 11:28 AM

I understand your Mac won't turn on at all, and just appears to be dead.

Begin with If your Mac doesn't turn on.

Read and follow each of its steps, including all the links within it, all the way through and including Step 4, which directs you to:

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

Read and follow each of it steps also, all the way through and including the end, which takes you to:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

That's all you can do.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 11:28 AM in response to reynacho

I understand your Mac won't turn on at all, and just appears to be dead.

Begin with If your Mac doesn't turn on.

Read and follow each of its steps, including all the links within it, all the way through and including Step 4, which directs you to:

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

Read and follow each of it steps also, all the way through and including the end, which takes you to:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

That's all you can do.

macbook pro w/ touch bar 2019 won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.