You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search function for desktop notes app does not work

My search feature works on my iphone flawlessy...Why won't it work on my macbook pro? (Sidenote: I have not yet updated to 10.15.5, that may fix the problem). I have since resorted to having to search for the note I'd like on my phone, edit it on my phone, and then the note will appear towards the top of my list on my macbook pro in the notes desktop app.

Another recommendation I have just started doing to make sure that nothing is lost, is to use the web-based version by logging into icloud.com and using the notes app there. I don't have to worry about data loss/transfer and the search feature, yes, indeed works very well and quickly I may add. The interface is quite easy to use, no complaints.

Hope that helps somebody out there!

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 12:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 12:36 PM

If the Search function is not finding what you know is there, try updating the Spotlight index.

Rebuild Spotlight index on your Mac:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201716

Similar questions

2 replies

Search function for desktop notes app does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.