Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get rid of photos on macbook air

Hi - I have an iphone11 with 520GB storage. And Macbook Air with 256GB. I use my Macbook Air for work. My photos from Iphone automatically got syncd with Mac. These are around 50GB of photos and slowing down my Mac. Hence, I dont want them on my Mac.

I have disabled iCloud on my Mac.

iCloud in enabled on my iPhone.

Pictures and videos are still here on Mac. Do I need to manually delete the photos/videos or is there a way to unsync so that they all go away? Thanks!

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:56 PM

You have already disabled iCloud on your MacBook Air AND you do not want your photos and videos on it. Now that you have done that then there is an easier way and that is to just remove your photo library from your MacBook Air. You can manually delete the file Photos Library.photoslibrary in the Pictures folder. Empty the Trash can and you are done.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 8:56 PM in response to InfiniteCuriosity

You have already disabled iCloud on your MacBook Air AND you do not want your photos and videos on it. Now that you have done that then there is an easier way and that is to just remove your photo library from your MacBook Air. You can manually delete the file Photos Library.photoslibrary in the Pictures folder. Empty the Trash can and you are done.

Axel F.

Jun 3, 2020 8:19 AM in response to Axel Foley

Hi Axel - thanks and found it. Deleted it. It is sitting in trash right now. Before I fully get rid of it, are there any repercussions that I should be aware of. I checked my phone, no impact to my photos there. I clicked on Picture icon on Mac. It said, it does not exist which makes sense as it is sitting in the Trash folder. I am assuming I will not be able to see any iPhone pics here on my Mac which is okay. For any pics I want to save on Mac, I can just create a separate folder which I can manage...

Anything else I should be thoughtful of?

Thanks!

how to get rid of photos on macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.