Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode download

I'm trying to download Xcode and it failed once already. Yesterday I paused the download about half way through and when I went to restart the download, the app icon already said 'downloading' but the download amount hasn't changed since yesterday or over the last 2 hours. The launchpad icon shows 'paused'. When I click the Xcode icon nothing happens...

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 1:58 PM

apfelkopf,

Thank you for reaching out at Apple Support Communities today. If I understand correctly your Xcode download was interrupted and you aren’t able to get it to resume. 

Have you tried removing Xcode from Launchpad and restarting the download? Click and hold the Xcode app in Launchpad and then click the “X” to delete it when the app starts to jiggle. 

You should be able to go back to the Mac App Store and restart the installation from there.

Use Launchpad to view and open apps on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 1:58 PM in response to apfelkopf

apfelkopf,

Thank you for reaching out at Apple Support Communities today. If I understand correctly your Xcode download was interrupted and you aren’t able to get it to resume. 

Have you tried removing Xcode from Launchpad and restarting the download? Click and hold the Xcode app in Launchpad and then click the “X” to delete it when the app starts to jiggle. 

You should be able to go back to the Mac App Store and restart the installation from there.

Use Launchpad to view and open apps on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

Xcode download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.