Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13" 2020 - Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock - Dual Monitor issues

I've been using 2x Dell U3219Q 4k monitors, on a Belkin Thunderbolt 3 dock for some time on a 2017 and 2019 13" Macbook Pro.

I've recently got a 2020 13" Macbook pro, and I think thunderbolt 3 has been changed on these. Apple support don't seem to have a clue what todo with this, so maybe someone else has had the same issue. I've returned the original Macbook pro and have the replacement here, same issue;

Plugin dock to mac, only 1 screen works.

Plugin both screens to the same side of the mac, only 1 screen works

Plugin both screens to opposite sides of the mac, works fine.

seems to me like thunderbolt 3 has been changed on these. Given this macbook pro has 4x thunderbolt 3 ports, it should be able to drive a 4k display in any port. Apple support confirm this.

Works fine on my other macbook pros, but seems not on this new one, and now have to have two cables too it which is a shame.

Anyone else had similar?

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 2:44 PM

Tried all of those suggestions with support, and latest updates. Also reinstalled OSX on the first one.

its been replaced now and makes no difference.

I've got a call with belkin tomorrow as they are interested to see if this has broken their dock with these MacBook Pro machines. They confirm it should work and no firmware updates are available.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 2:44 PM in response to sterling r

Tried all of those suggestions with support, and latest updates. Also reinstalled OSX on the first one.

its been replaced now and makes no difference.

I've got a call with belkin tomorrow as they are interested to see if this has broken their dock with these MacBook Pro machines. They confirm it should work and no firmware updates are available.

Jun 4, 2020 2:27 PM in response to edgenative

Hi there edgenative,

It sounds as though you're having trouble with external displays connecting to your MacBook Pro. You're in the right place to seek a solution and I'd be happy to assist.

Below is a resource that can help:

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

If you need further assistance after checking out that resource, the next steps would be to reset PRAM and to reset the SMC on your Mac. Below is a resource that provides additional information for resetting both PRAM and the SMC:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

Macbook Pro 13" 2020 - Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock - Dual Monitor issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.