Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Iphone

I lost my iphone xs max last week in the ocean and i know i have apple insurance on it via me buying it from best buy. im trying to get a replacement phone and i have no way of reporting it because i do not know its serial number but i have the IMEI:: # . what can i do???

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 8:28 AM

Casandrahrndz97 Said:

"Lost Iphone: I lost my iphone xs max last week in the ocean and i know i have apple insurance on it via me buying it from best buy. im trying to get a replacement phone and i have no way of reporting it because i do not know its serial number but i have the IMEI:: # . what can i do???"

-------

A Few Thoughts:

• Backtrack your Locations:

If you were at a retail store or local cafe', then stop by and see if if was placed aside by the store manager.

• Call the Number:

Dial the iPhone itself; you might hear it ring down the hall.

• Text the iPhone Message:

If you cannot find this, then text the iPhone, sending it a messages asking whomever finds it to contact you. Perhaps, have them eMail you, putting a particular title in it (so that you recognize the eMail. If you go to pick it up from an individual, then have someone there with you, probably meeting them at a public, safe location, both for safety purposes.

• Also, contact local authorities:

Perhaps someone is keen enough to have handed it over to local authorities. See if they have found it.

• Contact BestBuy:

If you purchased a protection plan from BestBuy, then you may have to have registered your protection plan. So, log into whatever site it is. Contact BestBuy for support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2020 8:28 AM in response to Casandrahrndz97

Casandrahrndz97 Said:

"Lost Iphone: I lost my iphone xs max last week in the ocean and i know i have apple insurance on it via me buying it from best buy. im trying to get a replacement phone and i have no way of reporting it because i do not know its serial number but i have the IMEI:: # . what can i do???"

-------

A Few Thoughts:

• Backtrack your Locations:

If you were at a retail store or local cafe', then stop by and see if if was placed aside by the store manager.

• Call the Number:

Dial the iPhone itself; you might hear it ring down the hall.

• Text the iPhone Message:

If you cannot find this, then text the iPhone, sending it a messages asking whomever finds it to contact you. Perhaps, have them eMail you, putting a particular title in it (so that you recognize the eMail. If you go to pick it up from an individual, then have someone there with you, probably meeting them at a public, safe location, both for safety purposes.

• Also, contact local authorities:

Perhaps someone is keen enough to have handed it over to local authorities. See if they have found it.

• Contact BestBuy:

If you purchased a protection plan from BestBuy, then you may have to have registered your protection plan. So, log into whatever site it is. Contact BestBuy for support.

Lost Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.