Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted videos on iPad Pro keep reappearing multiple times - 425 copies overnight!

Help! A month or so ago I used the new external drive function on the iPad to copy DIRECTLY from my cameras SD card to a usb pen drive and it was my first time and so I clicked the wrong option and selected to files by accident instead of the one to choose a location, I cancelled it and all fine. I later once I had viewed the images I then cleared the additional files on the iPad Pro and then emptied the bin. All fine, then the videos started to reappear, not once not twice but multiple times and I delete them empty the bin and then check later and they are back and again multiple times, today I looked in the folder and I had to delete 425 copies of those same 8 video files as I had not been on my iPad since the previous morning. I have turned off back up for the photos, no joy, I have cleared the back up for the iPad and then regenerated it minus photos, no joy, I have checked the files app and there are no videos there and the bin is also empty. Can anyone tell me where else I can look for these files to get them deleted, incidentally as I am typing they have reappeared again, 2 copies of each so far, I am about to delete them again, but you can bet by mooring there will be hundreds of them, and originally there was only maybe 8 video files and certainly no duplicates. I haven’t a clue why this is happening or how to fix it, I have not tried to send them to anyone simply uploaded the cameras to view them, then using the iPad to copy direct from the SD card to the usb pen which works great and no copies are put on the device, I have only had the issue that once and now those files come back repeatedly in multiples of multiples.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 9:44 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 3, 2020 11:31 AM in response to Snowhug

Update has completed and I checked the photo app 480 videos appeared again from nowhere! Have deleted them AGAIN, and have done a 2 button restart will see what happens by the morning. I have searched files app, google drive, Dropbox and those files are NOT there, checked all bins on photo app and files and NO FILES, I cleared the lot. Even searched the files app for video files and none were found. So who knows what will happen by morning, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Jun 5, 2020 9:05 AM in response to Snowhug

Well it’s still happening, though not in such extremes, I have left them alone this time to see if it helps! I took photographs today and uploaded them and after as you can see from the photo, those same 5 videos reappeared again twice during the import (they are no longe on the camera so that’s not how it happened), not duplicated multiple times just two copies of each, though there are still one copy of each there from the last post here, so updating the ios and doing a hard restart hasn’t made any difference except that instead of 480 I have 10! Does anyone have any ideas I am stumped and no clue how to rectify this Permenantly.

Deleted videos on iPad Pro keep reappearing multiple times - 425 copies overnight!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.