Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover video from iMovie Theater "deleted everywhere"?

I stupidly hit the "delete everywhere" button on one of my old iMovie Theater videos. (The original project and event files are long gone; the file I deleted from the theater was fully edited.) The video was only on the cloud, it wasn't downloaded to my iPhone.

I checked my trash folders, "Recently Deleted" in iCloud and in Photos, and the "Restore Files" button in iCloud advanced settings, but nada. I was warned that "this cannot be undone", so I think I'm out of luck lol. But figured I'd ask.

Note to self—transfer my iMovie Theater vids to iCloud Photos!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 7:46 AM

If by chance you have a backup (Time Machine or otherwise) on an external drive you could restore or possibly retrieve your movie from the iMovie theater.theater folder Or, if you have a backup of the iMovie library in which the original project was created, perhaps you can retrieve the project, or at least the media contained in the project.

Also, do a Spotlight search on your drive of the video's name on the outside chance that the video is lurking in a folder somewhere that you have forgotten. In general, check all of your backups.

Without a backup, it does appear that your video is lost, since you have tried several ways to retrieve it. The only other option may be some retrieval software.

Good luck with this.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 7:46 AM in response to Will-B

If by chance you have a backup (Time Machine or otherwise) on an external drive you could restore or possibly retrieve your movie from the iMovie theater.theater folder Or, if you have a backup of the iMovie library in which the original project was created, perhaps you can retrieve the project, or at least the media contained in the project.

Also, do a Spotlight search on your drive of the video's name on the outside chance that the video is lurking in a folder somewhere that you have forgotten. In general, check all of your backups.

Without a backup, it does appear that your video is lost, since you have tried several ways to retrieve it. The only other option may be some retrieval software.

Good luck with this.

-- Rich

Recover video from iMovie Theater "deleted everywhere"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.