Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes appears disabled in iCloud, only for my mbp

I've tried restarting the mac, signing out and back in, yet the Notes option appears disabled.

It was working fine until I moved last week, then when I opened the mac suddenly all my notes were gone. They're still present on my phone, so must still be in iCloud, just inaccessible from the mac.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 10:23 AM

Nevermind, I just found out that in the last week my company's IT department disabled iCloud on all our macs because they want to force us to use OneNote...

So not an apple issue, or anything that can be fixed. Thanks for all your help people!

9 replies

Jun 3, 2020 9:22 PM in response to Matt Gross

You have subtracted the iCloud account from system preferences > internet accounts , the iCloud Drive is not turned as on and notes will also not sync .

See the article https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mh35565/mac

The complete steps to set up can be explained , which Apple ID account is used is it two factor authentication or secondary authentication .

See this https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mh36834/10.15/mac/10.15

Jun 4, 2020 9:58 AM in response to tygb

Just one mac, and I think it's just one account. The gmail email address is for my apple ID, and it's the same account I'm using on my iPhone (so far as I can tell).

I do use TFA, but no security questions, rescue address, dob, so far as I know.

I haven't deleted the account, this happened after I shut the mbp down for a week while moving states, and when I turned it back on the notes were gone.

Here's fresh screencaps that I just took from my mbp this morning, one after the other, with no changes in-between.

Jun 3, 2020 11:40 PM in response to Matt Gross

You are posting two different screen shots in the thread ( in the first one the gmail id is signed in system preferences as -- were answering to Brian ) , now you have posted gmail account is subtracted from internet accounts , only iCloud account is visible .

Are you using two different Macs using same web iCloud account / gmail account and posting different screen shots or what , please clarify it do you use 2FA or secondary authentication ( in which three answers for security questions, rescue mail address / its password , date of birth is added and what is the version of Mac .

Did you intentionally deleted the accounts ? please post back .

Notes appears disabled in iCloud, only for my mbp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.