You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Not Working

I have the older version of the Airpods (light inside the case). My right airpod doesn't work (no sound) and I tried to do the RESET as recommended. No matter how long I hold down the button, I cannot get the amber light to flash. It just keeps flashing the white light for pairing mode.

Is there another way to reset? Or any other suggestions on how I can get my right airpod working again?

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 3:27 PM

5 replies

Jun 3, 2020 3:36 PM in response to pineapple888

pineapple888 Said:

"Airpods Not Working: I have the older version of the Airpods (light inside the case). My right airpod doesn't work (no sound) and I tried to do the RESET as recommended. No matter how long I hold down the button, I cannot get the amber light to flash. It just keeps flashing the white light for pairing mode. Is there another way to reset? Or any other suggestions on how I can get my right airpod working again?"

-------

• Troubleshooting This:

Try the Troubleshooting Tips on these Apple Support Links:

-- If your AirPods won't connect – Apple Support

-- Connect and use your AirPods and AirPods Pro – Apple Support

• On an iPhone - Verify the Balance:

See if you need to change the balance of your device. Check on the device itself, and on the Application, if an option.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

• Also, Clear Out Earwax:

Earwax commonly gets in the way - so see if that needs to be fixed.

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

• Unpair These Elsewise:

Any other Bluetooth enabled devices nearby? If so, unpair these AirPods from them. How to unpair it, would depend on the item that is paired to these. Look at each item's user manual to find out how to do so (Wiley found on the site).

• Any Other AirPods?:

Try another pair of AirPods, and see if there is no issue. If not, and they work flawlessly, then pairing is likely the culprit.

Jun 3, 2020 5:46 PM in response to pineapple888

pineapple888 Said:

"Airpods Not Working: Thanks for the suggestions. This did not resolve my problem. Right Airpod still unresponsive and no sound."

-------

You are welcome.

A Few Last Thoughts:

• Try This: Just wiggle it around a bit - it works for me.

• AppleCare and One-Year Limited-Warranty:

Perform a return. Take it back to where it was purchased. If it was purchased at Apple, note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, if you still have the original packaging, contact Apple Support - See if they will swap this out. For Apple purchases, verify the status of your coverage. Go Here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Contacting Apple Support:

Airpods Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.