You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset Keyboard Dictionary - Not Working

I've followed the instructions for resetting the keyboard dictionary for predictive text but it doesn't seem to be deleting the existing database. There is no error message when selecting reset and entering my pin. After I do so and tap reset, there are still unique words (including ones I've made up) populating on my keyboard as suggestions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 7:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 4:19 PM

Hi BobLoblaw99,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with resetting the keyboard dictionary. It sounds like the reset did not work.

After resetting, did you Restart your iPhone?

Do you have more than one keyboard installed?

Have you tried to remove unwanted text replacements individually? How to use Auto-Correction and predictive text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still happening, let me know more details.

Have a fantastic weekend!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 5, 2020 4:19 PM in response to BobLoblaw99

Hi BobLoblaw99,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with resetting the keyboard dictionary. It sounds like the reset did not work.

After resetting, did you Restart your iPhone?

Do you have more than one keyboard installed?

Have you tried to remove unwanted text replacements individually? How to use Auto-Correction and predictive text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still happening, let me know more details.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Reset Keyboard Dictionary - Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.