Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mic not working

Hello

The issue I’m having at the moment is that when I take a video with the original camera app, there’s no sound, but when I use other social apps and use the camera, the sound works okay.

There any suggestions

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 10:27 PM

8 replies

Jun 4, 2020 11:36 AM in response to Matty2020-

Matty2020-

"Mic not working: Nope, it is still not working. The mic isn’t covered and the there is no case on the phone

———-

Report this as a Bug to Apple:

By reporting this as a bug, Apple’s iOS techs can know what is going on, in terms of bugs and the like.

Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select:Bug Report” for the “Feedback Type
  3. Proceed from there as Necessary.

Note: This is a common phenomenon posted on these forums. But I can’t be certain that many people are report it. So, do your part.

Jun 3, 2020 10:40 PM in response to Matty2020-

Matty2020-

"Mic not working: Hello The issue I’m having at the moment is that when I take a video with the original camera app, there’s no sound, but when I use other social apps and use the camera, the sound works okay. There any suggestions"

------

Are you Using a Case?

Make sure that the back microphone is not covered - the microphone part is located between the lens and the flash. So, make sure is is not covered.

Jun 3, 2020 11:28 PM in response to Matty2020-

Matty2020- wrote:

Hello

The issue I’m having at the moment is that when I take a video with the original camera app, there’s no sound, but when I use other social apps and use the camera, the sound works okay.

There any suggestions

Do you have any bluetooth devices paired or anything plugged into the iPhone?

Mic not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.