Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Photos album stopped synching on MacOS, no problem on iOS

My son shared a Photos album with me a year ago. It worked fine up until May 9 when he shared new photos. I saw them on my iPhone 11 and thought, great.

A few days ago, I tried to look at that album on my MacBook Pro, and none of the new photos he has shared since May 9th have synched. I checked my iMac, and it's the same. I just updated both computers to MacOS 10.15.5 and it still won't synch. Does MacOS no longer support shared albums?

How can I get my MacOS machines to update this shared album when iOS has no problem showing all the new photos?

MacBook

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 10:11 AM

Open you Photos library and in its iCloud preference pane toggle the Shared Albums checkbox off and on. (If the checkbox is unselected select it check it and Close Photos, reopen and check to see if the Shared Albums repopulate correctly.

Note: if the Share Album checkbox is unchecked then check it. Go to the shared albums and see if it begins repopulating.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 10:11 AM in response to Christine Kling

Open you Photos library and in its iCloud preference pane toggle the Shared Albums checkbox off and on. (If the checkbox is unselected select it check it and Close Photos, reopen and check to see if the Shared Albums repopulate correctly.

Note: if the Share Album checkbox is unchecked then check it. Go to the shared albums and see if it begins repopulating.

Jun 6, 2020 10:02 AM in response to Christine Kling

Hello Christine,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that the new photos you son added to a shared Photos album are not updating on your MacBook Pro. I would recommend taking a look at this earlier thread in the communities to address your issue. One of the more senior participants in the communities solved it for another user.

Shared albums not updating on all devices

Best regards.

Shared Photos album stopped synching on MacOS, no problem on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.