Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This card cannot be used !

Set up apple pay on my iphone 7, verified my card, and there it is in my wallet.

Go to the shop and use it once.

Next time I try to use it I am informed "This card cannot be used"

Remove the card from apple pay, replace the exact same card, and next time I go out it works.

However the second time I try to use it I get the same error, "This card cannot be used"

Bit like a vicious circle, or if you prefer it is totally useless as it is !

Any ideas ? Please !!!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 3:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 7:42 AM

When I go to the first link, "Apple pay customers", I am asked to make a choice, I went set up and usage (First one) then "Participating banks and cards", then "Learn more", then Europe, then UK and my bank is there...

I even get an email from the bank telling me I have just set up and verified my account to use apple pay...

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 7:42 AM in response to askbarnabas

When I go to the first link, "Apple pay customers", I am asked to make a choice, I went set up and usage (First one) then "Participating banks and cards", then "Learn more", then Europe, then UK and my bank is there...

I even get an email from the bank telling me I have just set up and verified my account to use apple pay...

This card cannot be used !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.