Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constantly disappearing cursor

I have a brand new MacBook Air. It is very frustrating that this very expensive computer cannot perform such a simple function as to have the cursor work properly. I have not been able to find a solution. My cursor disappears EVERY SINGLE TIME I turn on my computer. What the heck? I am up to date on updates

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 2:00 PM

Hello Rachel,

Your MacBook Air (2020?) is still under warranty and you can take advantage of it and send it back to the store if you want however you may want to try some basic troubleshooting techniques and see whether that resolves things.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, you can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 2:00 PM in response to Rachel.H.U.

Hello Rachel,

Your MacBook Air (2020?) is still under warranty and you can take advantage of it and send it back to the store if you want however you may want to try some basic troubleshooting techniques and see whether that resolves things.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, you can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Constantly disappearing cursor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.