Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 not locking

Hi,

I got my new iphone 11 yesterday and it doesnt lock, even though I have turned on passcode and face id. It just says swipe up to open. Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Ren

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 3:16 PM

Hello Ren

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. From what I am understanding is that your iPhone 11 is not locking, correct? Let's take a look into this!

Would you mind if I can confirm a few steps?

1. If you turn the iPhone off/on, will it require the Passcode to open the iPhone?
  2. When waking the iPhone, on the Lock Screen. Will the "Lock" above to clock go from Locked to Unlocked?

Here are supporting articles on Lock Screen, Face ID, and Passcode steps:

Access features from the iPhone Lock screen

Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to post a reply!

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 3:16 PM in response to renuka193

Hello Ren

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. From what I am understanding is that your iPhone 11 is not locking, correct? Let's take a look into this!

Would you mind if I can confirm a few steps?

1. If you turn the iPhone off/on, will it require the Passcode to open the iPhone?
  2. When waking the iPhone, on the Lock Screen. Will the "Lock" above to clock go from Locked to Unlocked?

Here are supporting articles on Lock Screen, Face ID, and Passcode steps:

Access features from the iPhone Lock screen

Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to post a reply!

Cheers!

Iphone 11 not locking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.