Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13.5.1 - Contacts from SIM card not shown anymore

Hi All,

I updated to 13.5.1 two days ago and noticed today that some of my Contacts are missing. I identified a several phone numbers missing. I think that maybe all these are stored on the SIM card and that since the update these are not shown under Contacts even if I play around with the "Groups" setting.

I checked https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202340 but it didn't work out.

Is anyone else facing this behaviour and has possibly a solution for it?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 9:17 AM

The iPhone does not store any contacts on the SIM card. If you install a SIM from another phone that had contacts on it you can import them to the Contacts app, but once you’ve done that the SIM card is not involved in contact management at all.

Contacts are associated with email accounts, so if you delete an email account any contacts associated with that account will disappear unless you copy them to a different group before deleting the account.

If you sync contacts to iCloud it keeps a history of your contacts so you can recover them. See—>Restore contacts, calendars, and more in Settings on iCloud.com - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 9:17 AM in response to Pontresina02

The iPhone does not store any contacts on the SIM card. If you install a SIM from another phone that had contacts on it you can import them to the Contacts app, but once you’ve done that the SIM card is not involved in contact management at all.

Contacts are associated with email accounts, so if you delete an email account any contacts associated with that account will disappear unless you copy them to a different group before deleting the account.

If you sync contacts to iCloud it keeps a history of your contacts so you can recover them. See—>Restore contacts, calendars, and more in Settings on iCloud.com - Apple Support

13.5.1 - Contacts from SIM card not shown anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.