Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone. Dublets in Contacts after using foreign SIM card

On my holiday in Thailand I bought a dtac SIM card so I could use my phone to a low price.

BUT many of the contacts was suddenly in dublets. It seems to be the contacts I have made long time ago. No change after installed my original SIM card and restarted my iPhone. And via iCloud the same problem on my iPad Pro.

If I delete a contact, its double disappear too, so they are somehow linked.

Any suggestions to solve this problem ?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 1:31 PM

As far I know the SIM card was used for (a crude) contact database, and can be read from it.

The iCloud was OK, but not up to date, so the few addition in Thailand weren’t there.

But I has almost solved the problem now - removed the sync in iCloud and at the same time accepted deletion of contacts on my iPhone / iPad, and after some minutes turned the sync on again.

Now I have them all, except the few additions on my travel, witch I now are adding.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2022 1:31 PM in response to LD150

As far I know the SIM card was used for (a crude) contact database, and can be read from it.

The iCloud was OK, but not up to date, so the few addition in Thailand weren’t there.

But I has almost solved the problem now - removed the sync in iCloud and at the same time accepted deletion of contacts on my iPhone / iPad, and after some minutes turned the sync on again.

Now I have them all, except the few additions on my travel, witch I now are adding.

iPhone. Dublets in Contacts after using foreign SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.