Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location sharing not working

My boyfriend and I have had our locations shared for the past 2 years, suddenly 2 days ago I stopped being able to see his. I went through his whole phone and settings and their exactly the same as mine. I looked at the privacy and location sharing settings As well. We tried unsharing and sharing again through messenger and the Find My app. We’re both iOS 13.4.1 I have no idea what to do

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 5:46 PM

Hi Kylieleigh,

Thanks for your response. Another place that you could check is under the screen time settings to see if the is something enabled there.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

There are also a few options under Settings > General > Reset that may help you here's an article that explains what these each do.

Return iPhone settings to their defaults

Cheers

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 5:46 PM in response to Kylieleigh

Hi Kylieleigh,

Thanks for your response. Another place that you could check is under the screen time settings to see if the is something enabled there.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

There are also a few options under Settings > General > Reset that may help you here's an article that explains what these each do.

Return iPhone settings to their defaults

Cheers

Jun 6, 2020 6:58 PM in response to Kylieleigh

Hi Kylieleigh, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are no longer able to see your boyfriend's location from his phone.

A place that you can look is on the find my iPhone app on his device. Go to the third option on the bottom that says "Me" then under "Share My Location" the switch is turned to on.

If that is already on you could try updating his device:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day!

Location sharing not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.