Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Sharing Settings

My boyfriend and I have each others location shared indefinitely. Sometimes, his location will go silent and when I click on the map it says “ no location found”. Does this indicate he has turned off his phone/wifi or would he have to also go into his location services and temporarily “turn it off” OR go into the “find my” app and turn it off etc.

All feedback is appreciated please and ty!

😊

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 3:43 PM

If your boyfriend goes in and selects "Stop sharing location" in the Find app, you will be able to see that he is not sharing his location.

But if you see "No Location Found" it could be because:

• If his iPhone does not have Mobile Data coverage
  • That he has turned off his iPhone
  • That he has switched off the Location Service
  • That he has turned off Mobile Data use, for the Find app.

I myself share my location with many of my family and I also see No Location Found from time to time. Often it just means that there is no proper network coverage - and I am reasonably sure that my 62-year-old mother will not go in and change the functions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 3:43 PM in response to Shrtblonde_68

If your boyfriend goes in and selects "Stop sharing location" in the Find app, you will be able to see that he is not sharing his location.

But if you see "No Location Found" it could be because:

• If his iPhone does not have Mobile Data coverage
  • That he has turned off his iPhone
  • That he has switched off the Location Service
  • That he has turned off Mobile Data use, for the Find app.

I myself share my location with many of my family and I also see No Location Found from time to time. Often it just means that there is no proper network coverage - and I am reasonably sure that my 62-year-old mother will not go in and change the functions.

Location Sharing Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.