Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Location services

My boyfriend shares his location with me but it isn’t visible on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. When clicking on his info it displays me sharing my location but not him sharing me his location. However, if I go into find my and look at people who are sharing locations with me it does show him but just says “location not found”. I can view his location on my Mac no issue every way possible. He has no issue viewing my location. How do I fix this on my iPhone?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 7:08 PM

Then concentrate on the settings on your phone first. Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Share My Location.

• Verify Find My iPhone is on
  • Verify My Location is showing "This Device"
  • Verify Share My Location is on.

Make sure you have Find My using Cellular Data at Settings > Cellular > Find My.

When you go to the Contacts app on your iPhone, do you have the option to Stop Sharing Location on the bottom of the page for his Contact?

If all those are correct, do a Force Restart on your phone. It takes a couple of times to get the sequence right and the last step of holding the side button can take up to 30 seconds to get the Apple Logo to come up.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Also do all of these on his phone. It is very odd that you can see him on your Mac, but not your iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 7:08 PM in response to Eshiadwhite

Then concentrate on the settings on your phone first. Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Share My Location.

• Verify Find My iPhone is on
  • Verify My Location is showing "This Device"
  • Verify Share My Location is on.

Make sure you have Find My using Cellular Data at Settings > Cellular > Find My.

When you go to the Contacts app on your iPhone, do you have the option to Stop Sharing Location on the bottom of the page for his Contact?

If all those are correct, do a Force Restart on your phone. It takes a couple of times to get the sequence right and the last step of holding the side button can take up to 30 seconds to get the Apple Logo to come up.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Also do all of these on his phone. It is very odd that you can see him on your Mac, but not your iPhone.

Location services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.