Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio icons in Keynote are not visible

Many instructions for editing the audio soundtrack I created for Keynote start with "click on the audio icon". But I can't see an audio icon to click on. I'm just trying to trim a few seconds of random noise off the end of the last slide... but don't even get audio as an option in Format sidebar in the first place.

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 3:03 PM

Only sound files that are placed on a slide can be edited:

drag the trim handles to edit the start and end of the sound file

Soundtrack and Recorded Slideshow sound files can't be edited in Keynote.

If your sure the file is on the slide but it can't be seen, it may have been placed outwit the slide area, reduce the slide zoom control to 25%:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 3:03 PM in response to PQuincy

Only sound files that are placed on a slide can be edited:

drag the trim handles to edit the start and end of the sound file

Soundtrack and Recorded Slideshow sound files can't be edited in Keynote.

If your sure the file is on the slide but it can't be seen, it may have been placed outwit the slide area, reduce the slide zoom control to 25%:

Jun 4, 2020 3:05 PM in response to Gary Scotland

I finally decided that was it: it's a Recorded Slideshow. However, users may want to know that a Recorded Slideshow can be trimmed at the end (and only at the end) by going back into record mode, moving the slider to where you want to trim, and then starting and immediately stopping the recording. This overwrites the part you want to trim out.

Audio icons in Keynote are not visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.