Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete reoccurring event from calendar

I have two events that were established years ago in my google calendar that were occurring and I am unable to delete them. When I bring up those event, there is no edit or delete button. HELP!!!

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 12:36 PM

I am assuming you are using the calendar feature on your iPhone since your post has iPhone XR as the signature. If you click on EDIT on the top/right, then there will be a delete function at the bottom of the event, and you can select to delete THIS instance or all FUTURE instances. NOTE: If you have this synced with your gmail account, then also go to calendar.google.com, be sure you are logged in with the email that the calendar event is associated with, and delete it there as well. I kept having this problem where I would delete reoccurring calendar events from my phone and my mac, only to have them reappear a short while later! I finally got them to disappear forever by also deleting them from calendar.google.com.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 12:36 PM in response to KarlaOC

I am assuming you are using the calendar feature on your iPhone since your post has iPhone XR as the signature. If you click on EDIT on the top/right, then there will be a delete function at the bottom of the event, and you can select to delete THIS instance or all FUTURE instances. NOTE: If you have this synced with your gmail account, then also go to calendar.google.com, be sure you are logged in with the email that the calendar event is associated with, and delete it there as well. I kept having this problem where I would delete reoccurring calendar events from my phone and my mac, only to have them reappear a short while later! I finally got them to disappear forever by also deleting them from calendar.google.com.

Hope this helps!

Delete reoccurring event from calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.