Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop files

My files disappeared from my desktop. How do I get them back? I have not done any updates or deleted anything. They are in the cloud, but not where I want them!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 4:45 PM

It sounds like an icloud setting problem. Go into System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud Drive, --click on the Options... button to the right. Make sure that Desktop & Documents Folders is checkmarked.

If it is, please try unchecking it, give it a moment and re-check it to turn it back on. Hopefully this would reset the files showing on your Desktop.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 4:45 PM in response to A_Powell13

It sounds like an icloud setting problem. Go into System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud Drive, --click on the Options... button to the right. Make sure that Desktop & Documents Folders is checkmarked.

If it is, please try unchecking it, give it a moment and re-check it to turn it back on. Hopefully this would reset the files showing on your Desktop.

Desktop files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.