Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud documents files on my Mac missing?!

Hello everyone. I seek advice as how to force my newly recovered MBPro13-2015 to download all my files from Documents folder which I set up do iCloud storage half a year ago.

I have just replaced HDD in my MBP and made a clear installation of MacOS and then recovered my files from TimeMachine backup (TC Airport). Everything seems fine, everything works.

But, when I browse my Documents on Mac, I don't see some files on Mac. It's random, here and there files are missing, co pattern in what is missing. What is particularly interesting, I can see those files if I browse iCloud Drive on my iPhone/iPad even on iCloud.com

So, I'm wondering why is it my MBP doesn't see these files, and how I can force my Mac to download ALL files...

Any suggestions, please?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 1:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 1:30 AM

Please, see the screenshot. It is Finder window info footer line vs. iCloud.com opened in Safari showing the root Documents folder content. The number of files doesn't match by a LOT and Mac doesn't seem to care...

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 5, 2020 1:36 AM in response to jprazak

Funny...

Perhaps one only needs to wait longer before everything is up-to-date even though my TimeCapsule backup was the most recent with all the files...

Just minutes after I posted my last reply, the number of files changed in Finder and some missing files showed up.

What is even more confusing is that the number of files in the directory is again different between Mac and iCloud.com – but now in opposite. Mac says I have 263 files and directories in My Documents, while iCloud only show 259...

iCloud documents files on my Mac missing?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.