Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot set up my new iPhone 11 Pro Max

Hi all,

I bought a new iPhone 11 Pro Max yesterday and went about setting it up at 5pm yesterday evening...... I turned in it, followed the onscreen instructions, completed face recognition etc and then it began a software update, this was about 5.20 pm yesterday evening......that is as far as I’ve gotten, it is currently on the software update screen with “install now” running on it......

is this normal? It has been doing this all night

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 4:12 AM

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support ⬅︎ TRY THIS...

⬇︎

Force restart an iPhone with Face ID, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note: If iPhone still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

If the above does not help contact support, you can click "Contact Support" top right corner of this page and follow the leads until you reach the Phone or Chat options.

They are very busy right now so you may have to try a few times, also some options are not always immediately available, but will become available as demand decreases.

Or maybe try here...Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2020 4:12 AM in response to louisa164

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support ⬅︎ TRY THIS...

⬇︎

Force restart an iPhone with Face ID, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note: If iPhone still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

If the above does not help contact support, you can click "Contact Support" top right corner of this page and follow the leads until you reach the Phone or Chat options.

They are very busy right now so you may have to try a few times, also some options are not always immediately available, but will become available as demand decreases.

Or maybe try here...Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

I cannot set up my new iPhone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.