Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume bell is red w/slash can't fix

For some reason my volume up/down side buttons will move the white line on screen up and down, but the bell icon remains red with a slash through it. In settings The volume is full on. How can I fix this as no sounds are played as a notification?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 7:46 PM

Hello aSavinGal20,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are having an issue with the volume on your iPhone. I'm happy to help you find some information.

"The Ring/Silent switch is on the left side of your iPhone. You can use it to control which sounds play through your iPhone speaker." Here is a link with some additional information:

How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode

If you are still having an issue after reviewing the link, let me know.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2020 7:46 PM in response to aSavinGal20

Hello aSavinGal20,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are having an issue with the volume on your iPhone. I'm happy to help you find some information.

"The Ring/Silent switch is on the left side of your iPhone. You can use it to control which sounds play through your iPhone speaker." Here is a link with some additional information:

How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode

If you are still having an issue after reviewing the link, let me know.

Have a great day!

Volume bell is red w/slash can't fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.