Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does macOS recovery still exist?

My Mac mini running Catalina will not let me get into Recovery system with any of the startup key commands. I even put the original mouse back on but I keep going to the sign-in page. Does macOS recovery still exist?

The reason I am trying to run disk utility is that in the last 4 days my mini is taking 5 minutes to give me my desktop. Don't know when this started but it is bad now.

It is taking me forever to post this?

Thanks

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 11:33 AM

Try Safe Mode, as per > How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

It would also be a good idea to get and run EtreCheck, then post back here with the results from that Report.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/etrecheck/id1423715984?mt=12

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 11:33 AM in response to srfcordova

Try Safe Mode, as per > How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

It would also be a good idea to get and run EtreCheck, then post back here with the results from that Report.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/etrecheck/id1423715984?mt=12

Jun 6, 2020 12:46 PM in response to srfcordova

Try an SMC reset and a PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes for a 2014 or earlier Mac).

Try using another USB keyboard as maybe your keyboard has a problem.

Can you access the Apple boot picker menu by holding down the Option key just after hearing the startup chime?

For all of these startup key commands you must not hold any of the keys down before you hear the startup chime and you must also press & hold the keys within a second after hearing the startup chime.

What is the exact model of your computer? You can get this information by clicking on the Apple menu and selecting "About this Mac". Also, what version of macOS do you have installed?

Does macOS recovery still exist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.