Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime and Messages do not work on iPad or MacBook

Hello everyone,

I'm having some issues with Apple ID. I am unable to log into FaceTime or Messages on my iPad or Mac (both work fine on my iPhone). I don't get past Apple ID login on either of these devices. For messages, it tells me that I have a wrong username/password, and FaceTime says "This account has no reachable addresses, and to login to the AppleID site to fix it (I've already verified I have this information in there).

I've disconnected and reconnected to these services on iCloud multiple times with no luck...

Any suggestions?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 3:10 PM

Hey, i wanted to provide an update. Got in touch with Apple support and i guess my account was somehow marked as spam? Not sure how this happens, but i got it reset and taken care of. Hope this helps for others with the same issues. Using the text feature for support was awesome, and i highly recommend it

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 3:10 PM in response to sterling r

Hey, i wanted to provide an update. Got in touch with Apple support and i guess my account was somehow marked as spam? Not sure how this happens, but i got it reset and taken care of. Hope this helps for others with the same issues. Using the text feature for support was awesome, and i highly recommend it

Jun 8, 2020 10:56 AM in response to 3m4n0n

Hello 3m4n0n,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with FaceTime and iMessage on your Mac and iPad. I’m happy to provide some steps that may help.

To start, try the steps below if you’re receiving an error when trying to activate either service:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support

I also suggest making sure you’ve set up Continuity correctly:

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the above doesn’t help, try signing out of iMessage and FaceTime on all of your devices (including your iPhone), before trying the steps above again.

Should that not help, contact Apple Support.

Take care.

Jun 8, 2020 11:16 AM in response to 3m4n0n

Messages – Can’t log in.       

Messages – Can’t log in 2.    

Messages Troubleshooting.   

For the iPad, do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.      

FaceTime and Messages do not work on iPad or MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.