Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad is Disabled Please connect to iTunes

Trying to help an elderly friend with her iPad. Brand new iPad (A 2153). I don't think she has even got it set up, I say that because she has no idea how to do that. Anyway, she is lockout. Can not enter a password just see following message: iPad is disabled please connect to iTunes. She does not have a computer with iTunes on it. So I brought it home and connected it to my iMac late model 2014 running Mojave (10.14.6). I launch iTunes (12.9.5.5) and it does not appear to recognize the iPad. I can not find it in any menu.

How can we get into this iPad and complete the set-up?

Thank you for your help.

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 1:56 PM

3 replies

Jun 5, 2020 8:36 PM in response to QuickPost

Hello,

Thank you for trying to assist.

I tried following the 2nd link that you posted and I got the following errors (see attached screen grabs).

Before trying to do the iOS Update/Restore I checked to make sure that I have the latest iTunes for Mojave.

Then I tried to do that update of the iOS software and that failed. I got this message.

Then I tried to do a Restore: but got this message:

So I followed the link that is found under the more button in this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201210

I followed all of those recommendations, rebooting both the iMac and the iPad but I got this message:

Then I followed this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201444 and it is suggesting that I update the OS on my iMac. I can not at this time update to Catalina because Catalina will break all of my Adobe software. 32bit->64bit.

Is there anything else that can be done?

Jun 7, 2020 7:53 AM in response to QuickPost

Because the OS on my iMac is not running Catalina that means that I am not running the latest version of iTunes and because of not having the latest version of iTunes I could not do either iOS update or a restore on the iPad. Apparently as I understand it iTunes is linked/connected/imbedded into the OS now there was no way for me to just install the latest version of iTunes to accomplish the restore on the iPad.

Therefore, I had to download the newest version of iTunes on a Windows machine to be able to update/restore the iOS on a brand new iPad. A bit ironic that I would have to depend on Windows to fix my Mac issues, never in a million years would I have thought that to be necessary.

iPad is Disabled Please connect to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.