Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fresh start with iPhone

I just purchased a new iPhone and want to start fresh. No contacts, no messages, no pictures, no apps, etc. I want to add those new as they come up. How do I do this without making a mess of my other devices? Is it as simple as not backing up when I start up the phone? Thanks!

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 5:21 PM

You can do backups because they do not affect your other devices. When you start the phone, do not restore from a prior backup. If the other devices are syncing with iCloud, do not turn on iCloud syncing on the new phone. If you do not want to share Messages and other data, consider using a different Apple ID. If you do that, you can then sync with iCloud. If you do create a new ID, if you later decide to share with the other devices, a new ID can present challenges.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2020 5:21 PM in response to Mmhernan24

You can do backups because they do not affect your other devices. When you start the phone, do not restore from a prior backup. If the other devices are syncing with iCloud, do not turn on iCloud syncing on the new phone. If you do not want to share Messages and other data, consider using a different Apple ID. If you do that, you can then sync with iCloud. If you do create a new ID, if you later decide to share with the other devices, a new ID can present challenges.

Fresh start with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.