Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after an update my mac won't play you tube video

mac air pro retina. 10.16.4. mohave

after an update a day ago, it won't play you tube video anymore. i'v tried everything i can think of.

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 11:14 AM

Reboot through Safe Mode, and try again. That rebuilds caches, and—while you’re booted in Safe Mode—testing with Safari while booted that way also (temporarily) disables various add-on apps.

If that doesn’t clear this, one of the usual causes of these weirdnesses are add-on apps. Add-on anti-malware, add-on ad-blockers, add-on anti-virus, add-on VPN apps, add-on cleaner apps, that sort of thing.

Please download and run and post the output of EtreCheck. Then open a new reply here and then press the button that looks like a printed page to get a text input box large enough to paste the hardware and software configuration report here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 11:14 AM in response to fastTA

Reboot through Safe Mode, and try again. That rebuilds caches, and—while you’re booted in Safe Mode—testing with Safari while booted that way also (temporarily) disables various add-on apps.

If that doesn’t clear this, one of the usual causes of these weirdnesses are add-on apps. Add-on anti-malware, add-on ad-blockers, add-on anti-virus, add-on VPN apps, add-on cleaner apps, that sort of thing.

Please download and run and post the output of EtreCheck. Then open a new reply here and then press the button that looks like a printed page to get a text input box large enough to paste the hardware and software configuration report here.

after an update my mac won't play you tube video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.