Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streamning issues

My mac won't stream anything. Not Netflix, Hbo, Disney etc. It's not an internet issue, I'm certain.

For some reason YouTube is fine but that is the only one.

Can anyone help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 5:25 AM

7 replies

Mar 20, 2022 2:43 PM in response to Leonkv

Leon,

If it's just Safari on the Mac, then you might want to check for any extensions or content blockers that are interfering with video:

You can also try clearing cache/cookies for Safari: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

Cheers.

Mar 20, 2022 3:38 PM in response to Leonkv

Leonkv,

Knowing what happens when you try to stream can be helpful. Especially if you are getting any error messages. Here are a few other things to check out and to help isolate:

1. As you said, as far as you know there aren't any restrictions. It would be best to double check. In System Preferences, navigate to Screen Time and see if Content & Privacy Restrictions are turn on. See Set up content and privacy restrictions in Screen Time on Mac.
  2. Along that same line, you can check System Preferences > Profile to see if there are any profiles here. These are typically used on school and work devices. If you do have some here and it is a school or work device, contact their administrator.
  3. An isolation step you can try is to Start up your Mac in safe mode as it "can help you determine whether issues you’re experiencing are caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up."
  4. Another isolation step here would be to create a test administrator user account to see if it is something only related to your user account such as settings: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Cheers!

Mar 19, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Leonkv

Hey there Leonkv,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities!

If you're using the apps, check these steps out:

1.Quit and reopen the app

2.Restart your Mac

3.Check for updates

4.Reinstall the app

This information is found in If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open. We're suggesting this as a first step if you're trying to connect to these sites through their apps. Please follow the instructions included in the guide we've provided.

If you're using the Apple TV app, this should help you out:If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app. We're sharing this due to the great tips and suggestions included.

You might also check to see if there are restrictions added to your Mac. If your Mac is managed by a school or business, you'd want to contact the IT department to confirm this.

If this doesn't help, please give us more information. Could you be in Family Sharing and your parent has restricted the access? Using Safari to view the sites? Are you receiving any error messages?

Kind regards.

Take care!

Mar 20, 2022 2:31 PM in response to tgok23

Hi!

Thank you for the respons! The issues I'm experiencing are at Safari, so there are no apps in the picture. Nothing is supposed to be restricted as far as I'm concerned, and I'm receiving no error messages either. I can visit the sites but if I try to watch a video on them, it just keeps loading forever.

I have never had this type of issue on this many sites before so I have no idea what is going on.

Kind regards

Leon

Streamning issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.