Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't stream video on MacBook Air

Very suddenly, I stopped being able to play videos on Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Netflix after having no problems at all. I’ve tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, and I get some kind of error message in each case. The error messages vary, but many say that the browser is either unsupported or not up to date. I am sometimes getting the error message "WidevineCdm plugin has crashed.” I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the browsers, and I even reinstalled Mac OS X. Nothing has helped. Any ideas? Thank you!

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 12:29 PM

Thanks, ryane77! I actually just got a solution for my problem. After chatting with Apple Support a half dozen times or so and trying many different OS-related solutions, my problem was fixed by simply clearing website data from the browser. The Apple Support agent thinks that it may have been caused by malware or a cookie issue. Thanks again. I'll mark this resolved, and I hope this thread helps someone else with a similar problem one day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 12:29 PM in response to jvs24

Thanks, ryane77! I actually just got a solution for my problem. After chatting with Apple Support a half dozen times or so and trying many different OS-related solutions, my problem was fixed by simply clearing website data from the browser. The Apple Support agent thinks that it may have been caused by malware or a cookie issue. Thanks again. I'll mark this resolved, and I hope this thread helps someone else with a similar problem one day.

Apr 22, 2021 10:46 AM in response to jvs24

Hello Jvs24,

It looks like no one has responded to your question. Here are a couple things that might help others answer your question:

Which macOS version are you using on your Mac?

Were there any changes made to your Mac before this issue began?

Have you checked for available updates on your Mac? Get Mac software and updates

Please provide as many details as you can and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Can't stream video on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.